Orvis ®

icon icon

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

National Wilderness Conference

The other recent event celebrating the 50th Anniversary of The Wilderness Act I participated in was National Wilderness Conference in Albuquerque, NM. Organized by all of the collective federal agencies that manage wilderness lands, this was a multi-day event featuring numerous presentations and distinguished speakers such as Interior Secretary Sally Jewell, author Terry Tempest Williams, and Senator Tom Udall. I was asked to be an "inspirational" closing keynote speaker, along with my old friend, Dave Foreman, author of Ecodefense: A Field Guide to Monkeywrenching, and co-founder of Earth First!, the New Mexico Wilderness Alliance and  most recently, the Rewilding Institute

Dave Foreman, EcoWarrior, and Robert Glenn Ketchum, Conservation Photographer
Dave Foreman, Environmentalist, and Robert Glenn Ketchum, Conservation Photographer, 2014
Here is a fun photograph of two old eco-warriors having a great time.

If you could stand to hear my speech without the accompaniment of images, here is a link to that:

 
Finally, as I look forward into the coming year, I want you to know that I currently have work in exhibitions at the New Mexico Museum of Art and at HS Kunst Galerie in Heidelberg, Germany. I am most excited, however, to be showing completely NEW imagery at The G2 Gallery in Venice, CA. "Mandalac Gardens" will be on display from August 11 - September 27, 2015.

Here are two "teasers" from that show - each is 40" across. The dyes are embedded in aluminum using heat and pressure and then the external shape is cutout by a laser router. Please come and see these amazing pieces in person as scale changes them dramatically, they have SO much detail!

photograph(s) © copyright, ROBERT GLENN KETCHUM, 2015 @RbtGlennKetchum @LittleBearProd #LittleBearProd


photograph(s) © copyright, ROBERT GLENN KETCHUM, 2015 @RbtGlennKetchum @LittleBearProd #LittleBearProd

I hope you have enjoyed this newsletter. I promised I would not abuse you with too many Constant Contact mailings: this is the only one I have sent in 1-year!  GONG HEY FAT CHOY to you. May it be a year of health and prosperity for all.

Peace-to-Earth! 

Sincerely,









Robert Glenn Ketchum

Be sure to read Joel Reynolds' blog, 

   
  Like me on Facebook    Follow me on Twitter    Visit my blog    View my profile on LinkedIn    View my videos on YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Rules: Constructive criticism is okay, however if you are rude, you will be deleted. Please DO NOT put your URL in the comment text and please use your PERSONAL name or initials as opposed to a business name, to not be mistaken for spam.

Enjoy and thanks for adding your thoughts!

Orvis Supports No Pebble Mine

icon icon